Small Beauty Haul - Mac, Clinique, etc...





Mac Lipsticks in 'Diva' and 'Patisserie' - £15.50

 Every so often I get a weird needy obsession with Mac, and I don't just mean a slight wanting, I mean a true addiction like I'm having withdrawal symptoms and I need a Mac hit. I start watching like a thousand Mac collection videos and best Mac lispticks and must haves and all that crap. Then I get a little list in my head and go on a spree. I love the whole process of going to the Mac store and picking out things you want and if you're paired with a nice member of staff the experience is really really enjoyable. Anyway, a couple of months ago my boyfriend claimed a free Mac sample of the Prep and Prime Skin Visage Lotion and I fell in love. I was running out of my loved Clinique Super Primer and thought I get a full size of the Mac one instead to try out and use on my graduation day. Ever since I saw Tanya Burr's video called Nicole x Missguided Make up tutorial I was desperate to get a pressed pigment, to create an almost wet eye shadow look. The one she used was 'Deeply Dashing' but I couldn't find that one so I picked up the one in 'Day Gleam' which still creates the same effect. I think these pressed pigments are really pretty and unique. Instead of being gold glitter, they have silver glitter running through them which isn't something that brands usually do for some reason. I'm not sure if all the shades are injected with silver glitter but I know 'Deeply Dashing' and 'Day Gleam' definitely do which is what creates that glossy wet look. 
I then picked up two lipsticks, 'Patisserie' is just a repurchase and my all time favourite nude on me. Then I fancied trying something new and after doing much research I decided 'Diva' was the right one for me. It's not like any of the vampy dark lipsticks I've already got. It's a really deep warm red rather than a purple or a plum. It's a stunning colour and I've seen it look amazing on so many different people. If you're wanting a vampy colour but you're not sure which colour would suit you I'd recommend this. 





Then I decided to treat myself to a few essentials for my graduation. I repurchased the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara because it's just perfection, couldn't live without it. Then I decided I wanted to go for some lashes with a little more wow factor or I picked up the Eylure 116 lashes which I used to use all the time but then decided they were a little intense for everyday make up but perfect for graduation. I apply a couple of layers of mascara to them and they look really voluminous but still quite realistic. I then finally decided I joined the whole new eye liner craze. I wanted to try the new Benefit one that everyone's talking about at the moment but I couldn't justify spending that much money on an eye liner that I might hate. However, I then hear a lot of people talking about this one, saying it's a perfect dupe for it. So I thought I'd try this one out instead and if I loved it then I could always get the Benefit one later. 
I was then given another primer to try from Mac but I'm not sure how this differs from the one I bought so we shall see!


Keep an eye out for up and coming reviews on all of these products. I'd love to know your veiws on any of these products if you've tried them so send me links to any of your reviews or comment with your thoughts!

Jess xo

2 comments:

  1. Cool post chick! I just received ‘brave’ lipstick by Mac for my birthday and I love it! Its such a pretty pinky nude, I recommend it highly! :-) Xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo really? I might have to check that one out!
      Thanks,
      Jess xo

      Delete